We completed the ratification vote today at 3:30pm for the Salary MOU and counted the ballots at 4:00pm. In total we had 106 votes cast. We counted 103 yes votes, 2 no votes and 1 ballot with no vote selected.
I want to thank everyone who came out to vote in today’s ratification. And I would like to thank the Bargaining Team for bringing us the MOU to ratify.
If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.
This is to announce that we have a signed Salary MOU. You can read it here.
What this means is we will begin the ratification process tomorrow sometime with an announcement of all the details. We are still working out the locations and logistics to ratification. We plan to host an in person ratification because PERC will no longer allow online ratification and we can’t host a mail in ratification because we are still finalizing our chapter elections and by law we can’t host two mail in elections at the same time. So the ratification must be in person.
What you need to know it that ratification will take place at different times in 1 1/2 hour windows at the Rosen, Downtown and Main Campuses on Tuesday May 31. You must be in person to vote we can’t allow remote or proxy voting. UCF has agreed to let those people in the bargaining unit without a summer parking decal to park on each campus to vote during these windows. Details of where, when and parking will follow tomorrow.
On Monday May 16 at 2pm we will have the next Bargaining Session, which we hope to wrap up this MOU. It now appears on the UCF Events Calendar.
You can access the Zoom link directly here.
The bargaining team would like to thank everyone who attended the bargaining session Thursday. We also would like to thank the 312 people who left us comments and filled out our survey. We do not want to publicly release the data from the survey, but if any individual is interested in the results if you email me I will send you the charts. Your feedback is important for us to make the decisions we make in bargaining.
Some of you indicated some common concerns about the Salary MOU. Please let me address those concerns:
- Active status means that even if you are not on contract in the summer (a 9-month contract) yet scheduled to return in the fall you are “active status” and will receive the one time payment.
- This is a one time bargain, unrelated and unconnected to reopening Article 23 Salaries in September 2022. So this has no impact on our upcoming salaries bargaining in September.
- According to UCF these are unused funds that will have to returned to the state on July 1 if unspent, the funds came from various places in the general budget.
- We’ve asked that all AUX funded employees be given a one time payment and UCF said they will get back to us at the meeting today at 2pm.
- During the 2020-2022 Full Book negotiations, UCF from day one said they would not separate Article 23 Salaries from the rest of the contract, thus we could not distribute those salary raises or one time payment immediately because UCF said no to this. Some of you believe it was the union that held this up or slowed it down. This is not true, we asked to separate that article and UCF refused.
On the form many of you communicated your support and appreciation for the bargaining team and we thank you for that.
UCF delivered a Salary MOU to us for consideration. You can read the Salary MOU here. The proposal has a tiered structure based on your annual salary. We were told that UCF could offer a one flat amount for everyone at $2,516. Please look over the MOU, be sure to read over the eligibility criteria as well.
We would like to hear from you, but we need to wrap up this bargaining session by Wednesday May 18. Please fill out the survey sent to your work email and provide us with feedback on your thoughts. We will need your feedback before the evening Sunday May 15.
On Monday May 16 at 2pm we will have the next Bargaining Session, which we hope to wrap up this MOU. We don’t have a Zoom link yet, when we do I will send that along to everyone.
We on the Bargaining Team represent you–the Bargaining Unit. It is important we get feedback from you so we can represent your best interests at the bargaining table.
We will be negotiating a Salary MOU on Thursday, May 12 @ 11:00 am. The bargaining session will be on Zoom and public.
The Zoom information to watch the session will be here.
We do not have any specifics to share with you because those can only come out in a public bargaining session. I will update everyone after the session.
The Collective Bargaining Agreement 2021-2024 was passed by the UCF Board of Trustees on March 17. The CBA is now online on the UFF-UCF website.
View Point Diversity Survey
If you want to consult our guidance on the View Point Diversity Survey you can do so here.