Community Partnerships and Affiliations
When you join UFF at UCF, you join a community of members, partners, affiliates and more. Below are important links to our union partners and UCF resources.
Our Partners are:
- United Faculty of Florida
- Florida Education Association
- American Federation of Teachers Higher Education (AFT)
- National Education Association Higher Education (NEA)
- Center for Labor Research & Studies (FIU)
- The AFL-CIO and more
State UFF, FEA, NEA, and AFT Resources
United Faculty of Florida (UFF) is the organization for higher education faculty and professionals in Florida.
Florida Education Association is comprised of 140,000 teachers and school support professionals in our state.
For most members, FEA membership includes national representation through the two largest education unions in our country, the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the National Education Association (NEA.
The American Federation of Teachers, an affiliate of the AFL-CIO, was founded in 1916 and today represents 1.7 million members in more than 3,000 local affiliates nationwide.
The National Education Association (NEA), the nation’s largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA’s 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.
Florida’s Department of Education serves as the single repository of education data from school districts, state and community colleges, universities, and independent postsecondary institutions.
The mission of the Center for Labor Research and Studies is to develop knowledge about the changing nature of work, workers, and their organizations and to make that knowledge available to working men and women throughout the state of Florida.
- FEA Locals & Service Units (Orange, Osceola, Seminole)
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
- The union for UCF staff: Local 3345, University of Central Florida, Florida Public Employees Council 79, AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees)
- The union for UCF police: Police Benevolent Association
Other UFF Chapters
- List of all chapters
- Florida A&M University
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida International University
- Florida State University
- University of Florida
- University of North Florida
- University of South Florida
- University of West Florida
- New College
- LaborNet supports human rights and economic justice for workers by providing labor news and information, comprehensive Internet services, training and website design for union and labor organizations.