Our UFF-UCF Bargaining Team completed a historic round of contract negotiations with the UCF Board of Trustees on Thursday, August 1, bringing to a close bargaining sessions for the 2018-2020 contract. The last negotiations on Thursday completed were on Articles 18 and 21 of the contract, the 32nd session of negotiations.
The next step for UFF-UCF is to schedule voting in August for our contract ratification. The UFF-UCF Council will meet to set the election date and locations. The voting will take place on three campuses, sometime after August 8 when the semester begins. More information will be shared once the date is set.
The next scheduled bargaining session had been set for August 27, but is now cancelled. The next new bargaining session will take place on September 10, when we will “reopen” Article 17 (Leaves) and Article 18 (Inventions). Reopeners are mutually-agreed-upon portions of the contract that we can continue to negotiate even after its closing. The Sepember 10 session will take place in Millican Hall 395-E (Provost Conference Room), from 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Our faculty salary increases and bonuses already announced on March 29 are a part of this contract. Those terms were enacted early, another historic first, as part of a memorandum of understanding with the BOT.
UCF faculty members received a one-time bonus in May. Starting with the August 23 pay period, faculty members will receive a 2 percent salary increase, and in 2019-2020 year, an additional pay guaranteed increase of 1.25 percent starting with the Sept. 20 pay period, and likely another 1.25 percent salary increase in the same pay period, provided the university is fiscally stable.
UFF-UCF Bargaining Team (the Faculty Union):
- Jennifer Sandoval – UFF-UCF Chief Negotiator
- John Raible – UFF-UCF Bargaining Team
- John Fauth (by phone) – UFF-UCF Bargaining Team
- Richard Siwica – UFF-UCF Employment Attorney
UCF Board of Trustees Bargaining Team (the University BOT):
- Sherry Andrews – UCF Associate General Counsel
- Sara H. Potter – UCF Associate General Counsel
- Charles “Chuck” Reilly – UCF Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
- Ross Wolf – UCF Interim Assistant Provost of UCF Downtown
- Charlie Piper – UCF Assistant Director, Contract Compliance and Administrator Support
- Briannis Weston – UCF Administrative Assistant, Office of the Provost
- Sarah Lovel – UCF HR Director of Classification & Compensation
- Mason Cash – UCF Administrative Assistant, Office of the Provost
- and Stella K. Henderson-Fauth (age 8 months)
# # #