December 5, 2018
1:00 – 2:30 pm
Millican Hall 395
UFF-UCF 2018 Fall Consultation Agenda
- PDL applications should not be held up waiting for a dean’s signature
- Faculty need a paper-based option for evaluations when serving on committees such as promotions, awards and tenure. There is much research that increased screen-reading time negatively impacts eye health. Also, faculty should receive all applications at one time, not one at a time as they come in.
- Office space expectations and problems related to moving downtown
- How are students in the summer ACCESS program being placed into courses? Is it true that students are randomly enrolled in classes based on alphabetical order of last names? Is it true that students in the ACCESS program do not get to choose the courses in which they enroll? What is the process by which students enroll in summer courses when they are in the ACCESS program, and is this a process that can or should improve?
- HR should align language and practices with the CBA. For example—paid parental should not be a memo of understanding nor indicate it requires dean’s approval
- Departments being grossly overcharged for alterations to labs, etc.
- Update: Making UCF a more diverse and inclusive campus—how are we doing and what are next steps?
- Culture of toxic work environments in pockets across the university:
- management harassment; gender discrimination; micro-aggression; paternalism; cultural miscommunication
- employee mistreatment; retaliation/fear of retaliation for using or standing up for contract rights