How Your Union Negotiates
Bargaining for the 2018-2021 contract is now happening. Full minutes and audio of bargaining sessions are on UCF’s Collective Bargaining website.
Download the Current 2018-2021 Proposal
Full Book Proposal without UCF-UFF Tracking – Download PDF
Full Book Proposal with UCF-UFF Tracking – Download PDF
Bargaining for our UCF Contracts
The 2015-2018 contract is in effect. However Article 30.1(c) of the contract says that some articles — “Articles 3, 23, and any other articles mutually agreed to by the parties” — can be re-bargained for the 2017-2018 academic year. Bargaining on those articles started in March 2017 and ended in January 2018. You can read the new articles here.
You can find the old bargaining proposals for the overall 2015-2018 contract here. Bargaining for all the articles was completed in November 2015, and the ratification vote was in December 2015.
Your bargaining team is made up of faculty here at UCF just like you — not lawyers! Please give them your support and your input.
UCF Collective Bargaining Session between the BOT and the UFF-UCF:
- Tuesday, June 11, MH 395-E (Provost Conference Room), 10:00am-12:30pm (30th session)
- Tuesday, July 16, MH 395-E (Provost Conference Room), 11:00am-1:30pm (31st session)
- Thursday, August 1, Location TBA, 1:00pm-3:30pm (32nd session)
- Tuesday, August 27, MH 395-E (Provost Conference Room), 1:00pm-3:30pm (33rd session)
- Tuesday, September 10, MH 395-E (Provost Conference Room), 1:00pm-3:30pm (34th session)
- Tuesday, October 8, MH 395-E (Provost Conference Room), 1:00pm-3:30pm (35th session)
- Tuesday, October 29, MH 395-E (Provost Conference Room), 10:00am-12:30pm (36th session)
- Tuesday, November 12, MH 395-E (Provost Conference Room), 10:00am-12:30pm (37th session)
- Thursday, December 5, Location TBA, 1:00pm-3:30pm (38th session)
- Tuesday, December 17, Location TBA, 1:00pm-3:30pm (39th session)
Submit Your Comments and Suggestions
Please keep us informed of all issues and concerns that are of importance to you. Contact the bargaining team or printed campus mail to:
Dr. Jennifer Sandoval, Ph.D., UFF-UCF Chief Negotiator
Associate Professor and Program Coordinator for Communication and Conflict
NSC 245, Nicholson School of Communication and Media
Request Updates by Email
If you are an individual within the bargaining unit at UCF represented by United Faculty of Florida and are not already receiving email updates about bargaining, sign up to be added to the distribution list. To assist us in verifying that you are in the bargaining unit, please include First and Last Name, Department or Unit, preferred email address, office telephone and office address.
The agreement will cost UCF up to $14.25 million in total, and suggests the Board of Trustees were not initially pleased with the arrangement.read more
Our first multi-year salary agreement includes 4.5% in total raises and a one-time $2,250 bonus this year.read more
Our team has successfully protected faculty non-reappointment rights. And for the first time ever, auxiliary-funded employees will have contractual rights to non-reappointment notice.read more
Recap: for raises, the BOT offered a 2% raise with a one-time bonus of $2000. We counter-offered with 2%, $2250, 10% increase instead of 9% for a promotion to Associate, and anyone who was left out of last year's equity raise to a minimum of $42k be brought up to...read more