Please read the following letter from John Fauth, UFF-UCF Chief Negotiator, about participating in the contract ratification process. Deadline for Receipt of Ballot: August 22, 2014.
The UFF and BOT collective bargaining teams have come to tentative agreement on Article 23 (Salaries) and Article 3 (UFF Privileges). The bargaining process was quick and cordial this year; we hope this is the beginning of a new pattern.
As a member of the bargaining unit, you now have the opportunity to vote on whether to approve these articles. If the majority of you vote “YES,” following ratification by the BOT, the changes noted below will take effect. If the majority of you vote “NO”, the UFF and BOT bargaining teams will immediately resume negotiations on these two articles.
All members of the bargaining unit, whether a member of the UFF or not, are entitled to vote.
If ratified, in addition to many things that are part of the status quo, such as promotion increases and TIP, RIA, and SoTL awards, the two articles will:
- Provide a 3% across-the-board raise to all employees whose 2013-2014 annual evaluation was Satisfactory or higher, effective August 8, 2014
- Provide merit salary increases equal to 2% of the total base salary of all employees in a department/unit, in a ratio of 1.0 for Above Satisfactory and 1.7 for Outstanding; this increase also is effective August 8, 2014
- Permit the administration to offer Administrative Discretionary Increases (ADI) up to a 1.50% cap, starting on December 24, 2014 and ending on May 7, 2016
- Provide released time for UFF to carry out its contract negotiation and enforcement obligations (5 units in Spring 2015, 4 units in Summer 2015, 5 units in Fall 2015, and 5 units in Spring 2016).
UFF encourages you to vote “YES” to approve these two articles. We have posted the articles on our web site: Article 3 (PDF), Article 23 (PDF). The current Collective Bargaining Agreement in its entirety is also available on the Contract page of our website.
Voting will take place by using the following process.
1. Download and print the ballot, and fill in the blank for Yes or No.
2. Place the ballot in a blank envelope and seal it.
3. Place that envelope in another envelope, seal it, and clearly print and sign your name on the back of the envelope.
4. Address the envelope to: John Fauth, Department of Biology, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32816-2368. You can also use campus mail; the address is: John Fauth, Department of Biology, 2368. Mail the envelope once you’ve addressed it.
5. DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF THE BALLOT: August 22, 2014.
Detailed instructions for voting and mailing – with visual aids! – are provided on our website.
There will be a public vote count at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, August 25, 2014 in Biological Sciences Room 415. All members of the bargaining unit, whether a member of UFF or not, are welcome to attend the vote count.
If you have questions about this process, please direct them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
John E. Fauth
Chief Contract Negotiator
United Faculty of Florida
UCF Chapter Council