The UFF and BOT collective bargaining teams have come to tentative agreement (TA) on Article 23 (Salaries) and Article 3 (UFF Privileges). This agreement settles the impasse declared by UFF in September 2013. In particular, Article 23 is the article that includes text about that 2% raise that we’ve been announcing! As a member of the bargaining unit, you now have the opportunity to vote on whether to approve these articles. UFF encourages you to vote “YES” to approve these two articles. Here are the files you need to participate in the vote:
- The actual text of the new, TA-versions of Article 3 and Article 23: Article 3 in DOC, PDF; Article 23 in DOC, PDF.
- The ballot with which you can actually vote: DOC, PDF. This file also contains more background info and more instructions, the text of which is reproduced below.
- A step-by-step instruction guide to successfully voting: PPT, PDF.
Deadline For Receipt of Ballot: February 21, 2014
Background info and instructions for voting, from Jim Gilkeson, UFF-UCF Chief Negotiator:
The UFF and BOT collective bargaining teams have come to tentative agreement on Article 23 (Salaries) and Article 3 (UFF Privileges). This agreement settles the impasse declared by UFF in September 2013.
As a member of the bargaining unit, you now have the opportunity to vote on whether to approve these articles. If the majority of you vote “YES,” following ratification by the BOT, the changes noted below will take effect. If the majority of you vote “NO”, the UFF and BOT bargaining teams will immediately resume negotiations on these two articles.
If ratified, in addition to many things that are part of the status quo, such as promotion increases and TIP, RIA, and SoTL awards, the two articles will:
- Provide a 2% raise to all employees whose 2012-2013 annual evaluation was Satisfactory or higher, effective January 17, 2014;
- Provide a $600 bonus authorized by the legislature to 35% of the employees in each department given to those with the highest 2013-2014 annual evaluations, starting with the lowest salaries;
- Permit the administration to offer Administrative Discretionary Increases (ADI) up to a 0.75% cap, starting on May 8th and ending at the end of 2014; and
- Provide released time for UFF to carry out its contract negotiation and enforcement obligations (3 units in Summer 2014 and 4 units in Fall 2014).
UFF encourages you to vote “YES” to approve these two articles. We have posted the articles on our web site: Article 3 in DOC format, Article 23 in DOC format. (PDF versions: Article 3 and Article 23.)
Voting will take place by using the following process.
- Print the ballot, fill in the blank for Yes or No.
- Place the ballot in a blank envelope and seal it.
- Place that envelope in another envelope, seal it, and clearly print and sign your name on the back of the envelope.
- Address the envelope to: Jim Gilkeson, Department of Finance, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32816-1400. You can also use campus mail to send it to: Jim Gilkeson, Department of Finance, 1400.
- DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF THE BALLOT: February 21, 2014.
There will be a public vote count at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, February 24, 2014, in the Dr. Phillips School of Real Estate (BA1 427). All members of the bargaining unit, whether a member of UFF or not, are welcomed to attend the vote count.
If you have questions about this process, please direct them to me at email@example.com.
co-chief contract negotiator
United Faculty of Florida
UCF Chapter Council