With UFF and the collective bargaining agreement
- 12.5% of your 9-month pay for each 3-hour summer course.
- one sabbatical for every 30 faculty members at 75% of 9-month pay for a full year or 100% for one semester.
- 9% raise for promotion.
- 11.5% pay for overload teaching in “premium tuition” programs.
- more than 100 merit increases of $5,000 each year through the TIP, RIA, and SoTL programs.
- ownership of your research or creative efforts.
- ownership of your course content.
- the right to choose appropriate course content.
- the right to do research in controversial areas, if you choose.
- a written annual assignment provided in advance that is fair compared to your colleague’s assignments.
- written evaluation standards and procedures that must be followed.
- an annual evaluation that follows written standards.
- merit raises based on your fair evaluation from your assignment and written standards.
- conflicts heard by a neutral third party with a binding decision.
- A full academic year of notice of non-reappointment if you’re not tenured.
Think about it.
Protect your contract.
Protect your voice.
Protect your rights.
Join UFF today.